Tuesday 14 August 2012

Leave of Absence

Oh dear, it has been three months since my last post. A shocking length of time for a blog to be dormant. Unfortunately, medical matters kept me otherwise engaged and not really full of enthusiasm. First, my back "went out" (again) and I had to have a discectomy operation. I had more or less recovered from that when a nasty looking mole was discovered on my back. When it was removed and analysed it proved to be a malignant melanoma. Yes, dear reader, I photographed it for Alamy and here it is:

So that led to a full-scale operation to excise more of the surrounding flesh and removal of a lymph node. Analysis showed that I am now free of the cancer and all I have to do is get fit again and dig up some motivation to get photographing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment